2018 CESM Tutorial
Date: 06 - 10 August 2018
Location: NCAR Mesa Lab, Boulder, CO
Application: Apply Now
The deadline to apply is Friday, 16 March 2018. Accepted students will be informed by 18 May 2018.
This year's CESM Tutorial will consist of:
- Lectures on simulating the climate system
- Practical sessions on running CESM, modifying components, and analyzing data
We receive some funding each year to support this tutorial. You will have the opportunity to request funding when you apply. Funding typically is lodging, per diem, and ground transportation. We have not yet received confirmation from our funding sources, so what we are able to offer may change. We do not have funds to support air travel. You may also attend with your own funds. Whether or not you apply for travel funds has no bearing on the selection process.
- Preference given to early career graduate students, though we will aim for a mix of graduate students, postdocs, early career research scientists, and faculty.
- Project descriptions that fit with broader CESM goals and activities
- Balance attendees across institutions
Questions should be directed to Cecile Hannay [email@example.com]
We very much encourage applications from students from diverse backgrounds of all kinds; whatever your gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, body size and shape, veteran status, and/or disability, you are very welcome here at NCAR. For additional information and resources, please visit the NCAR Diversity, Education & Outreach website.
This year there will be a workshop held the week immediately following the CESM Tutorial. This workshop will be separate from the CESM Tutorial and the application process will be handled separately. We encourage you to apply to this workshop if it is relevant to your research.