Development Priorities for the Near Future and Release Information:
Topics of Development and Research
- Understand chemistry differences between CAM4/BAM and CAM5/MAM
- Bring ammonium nitrate in MAM (MAM3 or MAM4)
- Integrate diagnostics from AeroCOM into released version
- Start testing online photolysis (SciDAC proposal)
ChemClim Development Plan (from Breckenridge meeting 2012)
- Update to MEGAN/include maps when possible (in the release version)
- Improvements to the dry deposition (Thanks to Maria Val Martin!)
- Coupling chemistry with MAM and CAM5 physics (in the release version)
- SE/FV dynamical core comparison: on-going tracer tests based on SD configuration kPP mechanism Box Model or SCAM w/ chemistry
- Update SOA mechanism: Colette Heald’s SOA in the release version (additional work by K. Barsanti)
- Implementation of FAST-J photolysis rate computation (DOE funding: M. Prather/P. Cameron-Smith)
- Conversion of preprocessor to KPP?
- Vertical resolution and model top?
- WACCM lite?
- Tools for model result differencing Benchmark numbers: methyl chloroform lifetime, ozone budget terms, methane lifetime, mass-weighted tropospheric OH, lightning NOx, sf(co/nox/isoprene)